The end of summer is here and it’s the time of year to pack away summer outdoor gear and sporting equipment and begin pulling out the winter essentials.
Homes usually have more space available than residents think, if you avoid cluttering up your space with items you won’t be using for months. This could include summer clothes, outdoor furniture or sports and hobby equipment. Declutter your home and make use of a simple and cost-effective solution – self storage.
An increasing number of households in the UK are turning to self storage at Storage King to store their belongings which are temporarily not in use. Here’s why:
- Security: Our facilities are monitored by CCTV and individually alarmed units* for extra reassurance.
- Accessibility: Store your belongings with us and you’ll be able access your self storage unit whenever you want. With 28 stores across the UK there is a good chance there will be a facility located near you.
- Flexible leases: With us you can rent a self storage unit for as little as two weeks or as long as you want.
- Simple pricing structure: You’ll always know what you’re paying for and the term you’re paying for. Our rates are affordable with no hidden costs.
- We have a variety of different unit sizes, with the option to upsize or downsize at no additional administration cost.
If you are going to store summer gear in self storage, here are some practical tips to make sure your belongings stay in tip-top condition:
- For any sports equipment or outdoor furniture, make sure to do any repairs of damaged prior to storing. You don’t want to open your storage unit only to remember it can’t be used immediately
- Clean your gear properly before placing it in self storage. Get rid of any stains, remove all dirt and make sure the gear is completely dry before packing away
- For fragile items, make sure that they are wrapped and protected in either bubble wrap or old towels. We sell a variety of self storage packaging materials in our stores
- Keep your storage unit organised so it will be easy to find your items when you need them. Try to place the items back in the same place each time
- If you’re storing the current season’s gear in your unit, make sure to store these items at the front of the unit (away from the door) so these items can be easily accessed, and then rotate the gear around when the season changes.
Self storage is a great way to keep your summer gear conveniently close, without cluttering your home. View our conveniently located self storage facilities near you and contact us for a quote on 0800 0852 954.