Early December is an exciting time for families around the world, where putting up festive season decorations is a tradition for many. With the festive season now starting to come to an end, the time has come to begin packing those decorations away (for now!).
When it does come time to unpack the decorations again, it can become frustrating as you try to untangle strings of lights or tinsel, or find broken items. The key is to know how best to store these items and so in this blog post we share a few tips and tricks on festive season decoration storage.
Storing festive season decorations
- Wrap your string lights around a piece of cardboard. This will help stop the lights from becoming tangled and you’ll save a lot of storage space.
- Garlands have the tendency to get wrapped up in other decorations and it can become impossible to unravel them. Store your garlands in a plastic water bottle or an old soda bottle (cut the top of the bottle off).
- Pack your baubles in a plastic container with bubble wrap. Put bubble wrap on either side of each level to stop them cracking. If you need bubble wrap you can simply visit our packaging shop which you’ll find in all of our facilities.
- If you have a faux Christmas tree, wipe it down and cling wrap it. This helps to prevent dust and preserves the tree for longer.
- Use a hook to hang your wreath or you could use one of our wardrobe boxes to store them.
Make sure you look after your festive season decoration this year by following these simple tips. This way, you’ll be able to preserve them for years to come and hopefully pass them down the generations. You’ll also save yourself a lot of frustration at the end of the year!
Self storage at Storage King
At Storage King, we offer clean, dry, affordable and secure self storage units that are perfect for storing your festive decorations until you need them again.
So if you are looking for a safe space to store these items, why not pop down to one of our conveniently located stores and speak to one our friendly staff members.
You can also give us a call on 0800 0852 954.