Whether it’s because you’re moving homes, renovating or downsizing, moving and storing large household items requires a lot of care. One such item is a pool table.
Pool tables are expensive and so it’s important that they are looked after, especially if it is going into storage.
If you are putting this valuable item into self storage, here are a few things to take note of so as to ensure it is looked after.
- First, find the right size storage unit. At Storage King, we have a variety of different storage unit sizes for you to choose from so that you only rent the amount of space you need.
- Once you’ve found your unit, organise that a professional mover help with transporting the pool table. They are heavy! They will have the necessary equipment to move it and you won’t have to worry about putting your back out!
- If you are disassembling your pool table, first lay down a protective layer on the floor. This can be in the form of plastic sheeting, blanket or carpet. Once you’ve done this, lay the slate on top of the protective layer. Covering the slate with bubble wrap will help further protect it.
- Use blankets to protect the frame, legs and pockets of your pool table.
- Cover the rest of the pool table with a cotton sheet or piece of plastic to give it that extra layer of protection from dust.
- Be sure to hold onto any nuts, screws and bolts. It may be best to store these in a bag or container with the parts of your pool table. Tape them to the underside of the table so that they don’t get lost.
With Storage King, you can rest assured that your pool table will be safe until you need it again.
So, if you’re looking for a safe and secure place to store your pool, why not give us a call on 0800 0852 954 or get a quick online self storage quote.