Did you know the world’s most expensive camera was sold at a record breaking £3.36 million. That’s a lot of money!
Photography is a great way to express yourself creatively and to capture those special moments. While your camera may not cost as much as that, the equipment is very pricy and it is understandable to want to be cautious about taking care of all the parts.
Unless you are a professional photographer, you may not have your cameras with you all day every day, so where do you keep them for the rest of the time?
Correctly storing your camera equipment
Camera equipment can be expensive and so it’s important that a keen photographer looks after their lenses and all the other bits and pieces that go with the art of photography. Are you storing your camera equipment correctly? Read on and you’ll soon find out.
Here are some tips on how to maintain and store your photography equipment correctly:
- Choose a safe and secure location to store your lenses, where they won’t get in the way or need to be moved around. Self storage is perfect for this
- Keep your lenses away from damp and dusty rooms as this will slowly ruin them
- Clean your lenses after each shoot, and don’t forget to do the same to your UV filters
- Protect the lenses from anything that may scratch or damage them (use the cover provided in the bag or buy one)
- If you have placed your camera in storage for a while, for whatever reason, don’t forget to get it serviced before you use it again
Self storage at Storage King
At Storage King, we offer clean, dry, affordable and secure self storage units that are perfect for storing your expensive camera equipment until you’re ready for your next photography adventure.
Our units are easily accessible and conveniently located, with multiple sizes available.
So, if you’re looking for a reputable self storage provider, pop down to one of our conveniently located stores and speak to one our friendly staff members.
You can also give us a call on 0800 0852 954.