Let’s face it, working from home is a little harder than we thought. From attending several Zoom or MS Teams meetings a day to remembering to put pants on, it can be quite an adjustment.
So here are some best practices for virtual meetings to help you through this strange time:
1. Turn your camera on: Although most in-person meetings are a thing of the past, having face-to-face contact, even if it’s virtual, is important to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
2. Be aware of your background: If you’re sitting in a bright room or in bed, it can be very disruptive for your colleagues and appear unprofessional. Stage an appropriate area in your home to have virtual meetings, preferably in front of a plain, white wall.
3. Mute if you’re not talking: While meeting rooms are soundproof, homes and coffee shops aren’t. If there’s a lot of noise in the background, mute yourself to avoid distracting others.
4. Dress the part: Although it's easier to roll out of bed and into your chair, it’s best to put on something semi-formal to get your brain in gear and maintain professionalism.
5. Don’t eat: Chewing on camera can be incredibly distracting and annoying to others. If you’re really starving and have to have a working lunch, then make sure your camera and microphone are off before you start eating.
This week, we featured three different businesses that take great pride in their professionalism. Find out who we profiled below:
With summer on our doorstep, there’s no better time to prepare your garden for relaxing, sunny afternoons. Monday’s Local Business Spotlight, ProductPond UK, has everything you need to get your garden ready for the summer season.
Whether you’re looking for handheld gardening tools, a decorative birdbath or a heavy-duty digging spade, ProductPond has you covered. They also sell a range of other household appliances and gadgets for your convenience. Visit the ProductPond Instagram or website to see more of their available items.
The convenience and flexibility of working from home or a coworking office space can save time and money, and improve productivity. These benefits are at the heart of Bedford Workspace, Wednesday’s Local Business Spotlight.
Operating since 2011, Bedford Workspace provides office space for small businesses. Located in a beautiful building near the town centre, Bedford Workspace offers parking and a professional space to spend your workday. Find out more on their website.
Gemini Lock and Safe
Everyone is bound to lock themselves out at least once in their lives. That's why it's important to have a trusted locksmith nearby. Friday’s Local Business Spotlight shone the light on Gemini Lock & Safe, leading local locksmiths in Bedford.
Providing professional locksmith services for more than two decades, the team at Gemini Lock & Safe are experienced in residential and commercial locksmith services, including 24-hour emergency services. Find out more about their range of services and MLA approved company on their website.
If you’re looking for convenient business storage solutions, as these companies have, then Storage King offers the perfect solution. With different size units available to lease with a flexible agreement, you pay for as much space as you need, for as long as you need. Contact us at 0800 0852 954 to find out more or get a quick online quote.