Are you looking for a safe and secure space to keep your extra household belongings?
Rather than clutter your garage or risk a home break-in, self storage provides a safe place to keep your belongings. Keep your seasonal gear, sentimental items and clutter secure in a self storage facility.
Along with price and cleanliness, security is one of the major deciding factors when choosing a self storage facility. At Storage King Liverpool, the safety and security of your belongings are one of our top priorities, which is why our facility is monitored with state-of-the-art security.
At Storage King Liverpool, we offer CCTV surveillance, alarms and access-controlled gates, offering you peace of mind knowing that your belongings are safe at our facility.
Simple Measures You Can Take To Ensure Your Belongings Are Safe in Your Storage Unit
Investing in a self storage unit is a great way to ensure the protection of your belongings. However, not all storage units are created equal, and there are a few key factors to consider when choosing a self storage facility for your household and business belongings.
A secure self storage facility, such as Storage King Liverpool, takes various measures to offer you peace of mind.
Consider the following tips when choosing a secure space:
- Ensure that the self storage facility has different layers of protection, such as a strong perimeter fence, electronic access, CCTV surveillance and alarms
- The storage unit should be sealed and secure to prevent environmental damage
- Each storage unit should be individually locked
- Ask questions about insurance and what level of coverage is offered by the facility
- Keep a record of all items that you keep in the self storage unit
Storage King will optimise security measures, making sure that your belongings are secure.
How to Prepare and Protect Your Items for Long Term Storage
Choosing a secure storage facility is the first step in protecting your belongings. The next step involves careful preparation of your items. For example, packing your items while damp can lead to mould, and using poor quality moving boxes can lead to an accident.
There are various steps that you can take to make sure that your seasonal gear, sentimental items and furniture stay protected and undamaged during their time in storage.
Before packing your belongings in your self storage unit, consider the following:
- Invest in quality packing materials such as storing boxes and tape
- Protect fragile items by using bubble wrap and packing paper
- Use mattress covers to protect mattresses
- Wrap furniture
- Place heavier items on the floor, and stack lighter items on the top
- Glassware and breakable items should be individually wrapped
- Disassemble electronics and furniture
- Keep small, loose items in a container
- Cover upholstered and wooden furniture with linen or blankets
- Clean and dry your equipment to prevent mould
Will My Stuff Get Mouldy in a Storage Unit?
Without proper preparation, it’s possible for your belongings to develop mould, especially in the UK, where there is a very wet climate. However, a little bit of preparation can go a long way in preventing mould from growing on your belongings.
Mould and mildew grow in closed spaces with high humidity or trapped moisture. However, failing to dry your belongings, such as seasonal sporting equipment, can also lead to mould, even if the environment at the self storage facility is favourable.
The following tips are effective to prevent mould from developing:
- Store your belongings off of the floor on shelves or wooden pallets to prevent condensation
- Invest in proper packaging to protect items
- Select a climate-controlled storage unit, particularly for clothing storage and furniture storage
- Use a DIY drying agent such as silica gel
- Clean and dry all items thoroughly before packing them
- Avoid placing items directly against the walls
- Install a vapour barrier
Items You Should Not Store in a Storage Unit
Did you know that storing certain items can present a safety hazard for both the self storage facility and the rest of your household belongings? While our friendly team at Storage King Liverpool are always willing to go the extra mile to meet your storage needs, there are a few items that are legally prohibited from being kept in a storage unit.
For health and safety reasons, the following items should not be kept in your storage unit:
- Hazardous materials that can catch fire or explode, such as gasoline, chemicals and aerosols
- Living and dead animals, plants and people, such as caged reptiles and human ashes
- Perishable food items, as well as those kept in a short-term cooler
- Weapons and explosives
- Stolen items
- Scented items such as incense, strong soaps, and oils
- Wet items
- Priceless and irreplaceable items
The Benefits of Storing at Storage King Liverpool
At Storage King Liverpool, our friendly and helpful team offers more than just a safe and secure self storage facility. The following benefits make our self storage solutions in Liverpool the ideal choice for business, household and student storage needs.
- Secure premises monitored by CCTV, alarms and access control
- Flexible lease agreements
- Competitive storage prices
- Discounted van hire service in Liverpool
- Packing materials for sale on site
- Friendly and professional staff
- Discounts on long-term storage
- The convenience of 24-hour access
- Free use of pallet trucks and trolleys
- Managed offices for business use
- Refunds for unused storage days
Get A Quote today!