We’ve almost reached the middle of the year and for many people, energy levels are waning. If you feel as though you’re hitting a brick wall, there are several ways that you can foster creativity in the workplace.
Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Create a space for brainstorming: Set aside a dedicated time for letting creative juices flow. Setting a stage for lateral thinking will have a positive effect on the business as group interaction enhances collaborative creativity.
- Encourage individuality: It’s important that your employees or coworkers feel valued so that they can perform at their optimum. When employees believe that their voice is being heard, the business benefits from their best work.
- Set up a stimulating environment: Consider the sound, colour, temperature and lighting of the working area and make sure that all aspects are optimised for productivity.
- Encourage anonymous recommendations: Sometimes, employees may be intimidated to offer valuable suggestions. Constructive feedback can be used to improve the business.
- Respond to good suggestions: Acting on good ideas is an effective way to encourage employees to offer feedback and be creative in the workplace.
This week, we featured three businesses whose creative edge has helped bolster their business. In addition, they make use of Storage King’s convenient and secure self storage facilities which allow them to expand their business while maintaining low overheads. See who we profiled below:
Events Meets World
Have you ever felt daunted and stressed while planning an event? That’s exactly how Dapo, the CEO of Events Meets World, felt when trying to source affordable equipment for an event. While solving his problem, Dapo managed to solve the problem for countless other people by opening Events Meets World, the focus for Monday’s Local Business Spotlight.
The business proudly offers innovative, reliable and convenient services for weddings, birthday parties, launch events, and more. From quality homemade Nigerian cuisine to event planning, vendor management and equipment hire, Events Meets World offers it all! Find out more on their Instagram and website.
Hockley Transport Removals
Kevin is the proud leader of the family-run removals company, Hockley Transport Removals and Storage. As a leading local business, Hockley Transport Removals and Storage has been serving its community for three generations, bringing joy to the lives of its customers through efficient service and cuddly bunny appearances!
As a family-run business, Hockley Transport Removals and Storage understand the importance of loyalty, communication and teamwork. Find out more about Wednesday’s Local Business Spotlight on their Instagram and website.
Little beats the feeling of coming back to a sparkling clean home after a long day at work. Friday’s Local Business Spotlight shone the light on Maid2Clean, a local house cleaning service that offers award-winning services that will leave your smile as bright as your home.
Each cleaner is fully vetted, reference checked and insured to give you peace of mind. Find out more about Maid2Clean and their professional cleaning services on their website.
Would you like your business featured on our social media platforms at no cost? Drop us an email at [email protected]