“How can I be more productive at work?” This is a question we’ve all asked ourselves dozens of times but just haven’t quite managed to solve.
While it may seem like an impossible task, there are a few simple steps you can take to be more efficient at work.
- Remove distractions: From office chats to the telephone ringing off the hook, the workplace is filled with distractions that hamper your productivity. Try finding a quiet place to work and avoid unnecessary communication. This is one of the reasons why working from home is proving to be very successful
- Organise your office: Searching for documents or equipment can waste valuable time and energy. Make sure your desk is neat and tidy and file all necessary documents in a safe and reliable place. Clear space, clear mind!
- Don’t multitask: Trying to juggle multiple tasks at once will only overwhelm you and widen the margin of error. Group your tasks into manageable chunks and focus on one at a time.
- Have the right equipment: If you don’t have the right tools, you will find yourself wasting valuable time and energy trying to track them down. Ensure that you have everything you need to get the job done timeously.
- Reduce waste: Whether time or energy, there’s nothing more unproductive than waste. Recycle, organise your office space, and ensure there are no resources being wasted.
As you begin to minimise waste in the workplace, your business will soon need more space to store the items you don’t use regularly as it grows. This week, we featured three different businesses that make use of self storage as a cost-effective way to expand their business while still maintaining low overheads.
Alltime Removals and storage
Moving can be a stressful time, with lots of different tasks to tick off. Monday’s Local Business Spotlight shone the light on Alltime Removals, a family business that has been streamlining the moving experience in Bedfordshire and beyond since 2002.
As a comprehensive removal and storage company, Alltime Removals takes care of your moving needs, even in the most complex relocations. They pride themselves on completing jobs by taking care of all the steps along the way. Find out more on their website.
Does your workplace reflect the productivity that you hope to inspire in your team? Cotefield Interiors, Wednesday’s Local Business Spotlight, offer experienced services to design, refurbish, fit out and alter your workspace.
Cotefield Interiors was founded in 2005 and is still managed by the same team. This experience, dedication and passion are evident in all of the work that they do, meeting their goal of exceeding client expectations. Find out more about the transformative work that they do in the office space on their website.
Accounting Etc Limited
When it comes to offering accounting services, Friday’s Local Business Spotlight goes above and beyond to treat your business as the unique entity that it is! Accounting etc. Limited specialises in working with smaller businesses and offers all the usual technical services with a dedicated focus.
Founded by Graham Kemp, Accounting etc. Limited likes to break the ice over an informal coffee, giving you the confidence that you need to trust them with the job. Find out more about their accountancy services for small businesses on their website.
If you’re looking for convenient business storage solutions, as these companies have, then Storage King offers the perfect solution. With different size units available to lease with a flexible agreement, you pay for as much space as you need, for as long as you need. Contact us at 0800 0852 954 to find out more or get a quick online quote.