Running your own business can be stressful. Limited space can often add to that stress as you try to manage expenses and avoid signing expensive and often lengthy office or warehouse leases.
In an effort to better manage monthly costs and ensure flexibility, an increasing number of business owners are using self storage as a safe and convenient space to store their business goods.
Why? The convenience, flexibility, safety and ease of access are just some of the benefits that self storage gives business owners.
If you are looking to use self storage for your business, here are a few tips to help you plan the space in your unit so that you can get the most out of it (or in it rather!)
- Plan your space: Before you start moving items into your self storage unit, step back and plan the space. Decide which items should remain in your business space and which should be moved into your unit. If you haven’t used it in the last month but can’t get rid of it, put it in your unit for when you will need it.
- Draw up an inventory list: Create an inventory list of the business items so that you always know exactly what is in your unit and what has been ‘checked out’. Keep this list at the front so you don’t forget to use it.
- Pack in a systemised manner: Categorise the items in your unit so that it is easy to find what you need when you need it. Label all boxes, containers and drawers correctly.
- Use quality packaging: Use quality boxes which you can fill and stack in your unit, allowing you to use the height of your space to get more items in. We sell a wide variety of packaging items in all of our stores.
- Choose the correct unit size: We offer a range of different unit sizes to help you find the perfect space suited to your needs. Our helpful team will be able to guide you on what sized unit would be best for you. With us, you only pay for the amount of space you need and for as long as you need it. You can also use our handy space estimator tool to gauge how much space you need. Remember, with Storage King you can upsize or downsize your space whenever you need at no extra cost.
- Place your boxes strategically: Make sure your boxes are accessible. Be sure to place the boxes you use most often at the front of the unit so that you can get to them quickly and easily.
- Pack smartly: If you are storing drawers, cupboards or ottomans, use the space within them as additional storage areas. This means you can maximise your self storage space.
At Storage King, we pride ourselves in offering business self storage that is tailored to your specific requirements. Contact us on 0800 0852 954 to see how we can help.