It’s that time of year when we start to pack away our winter sports gear and prepare for the summer months that lie ahead.
A problem that many people face each year is where to safely store all their winter equipment without it cluttering up the home or garage. Anyone with children will know the clutter adds up quickly, especially as the little ones start to get older and try out new activities.
This is where self storage comes in handy. Homes across the UK are using convenient self storage to keep their sporting and household items safe while they transition between seasons. For many, self storage has become an extension of their household.
Here’s why an increasing number of homes across the UK are choosing us as their self storage partner.
- Security is a key priority: Our units are fully alarmed* and monitored by CCTV cameras 24/7
- Convenient accessibility: You can access your self storage unit after hours at all of our stores with selected stores offering 24-hour access
- Flexibility: We have a wide range of unit sizes to choose from
- With Storage King, you can rent for as little as a month or as long as you need
- We sell a variety of self storage packaging items at all of our stores to further protect your items
It’s important to take good care of your equipment and so here are a few handy tips to make sure you store your gear correctly.
- Do the necessary repairs on any damaged gear before storing. You don’t want to rush to fetch something and later find out it can’t be used
- Ensure your gear is cleaned properly before placing it in self storage. Get rid of any stains, remove all dirt and make sure the gear is completely dry before packing away. You don’t want to attract any mould or pests
- Fragile items need to be wrapped and protected in either bubble wrap or old towels and sheets. We sell a variety of packaging materials in our stores. Our friendly staff can also assist you with choosing the right packing materials
- An organised self storage unit will help you to find your items easier, therefore try to place your gear back in the same place each time after being used and cleaned
- Store the current season’s equipment at the front of the unit so these items can be easily accessed and then rotate the gear around when the season changes
If you are looking to store your off-season equipment, why not give us a call on 0800 0852 954 or get a quick quote online.
* selected stores