Now that many businesses have made a permanent transition to remote working, people have had to transform their homes into office spaces. Although it might be easier to just work at the dining room table, having a comfortable workspace is crucial to your work ethic, but what does the perfect home office look like? Here are a few tips:
- Reduce clutter: Having a clutter-free workspace will help you stay organised and clear up space for essential items
- Add a touch of green: By introducing indoor plants into your home office, you can improve your overall mental and physical health
- Maximise natural lighting: If your office is too dark it can strain your eyes and hamper your productivity. Try to move your desk in front of a window that gets as much natural light as possible.
- Eliminate all distractions: There are ample distractions in the office and even more at home. To minimise these disturbances, set up your office in a quiet, private place in your home.
- Make use of storage: To have a functional office space in your home, you’ll need to make room. Store all your excess belongings in a safe storage facility so you have enough room for your desk, chair and office supplies.
This week we featured three companies in our Local Business Spotlight who chose us as their self storage partner. Here’s who they were:
The Hidden Base
Choosing to wear stylish streetwear doesn’t need to be an expensive lifestyle. Monday’s Local Business Spotlight shone the light on The Hidden Base, a local clothing store that sells some of the UK’s favourite streetwear brands at up to 80% of the retail price.
Some of these highly-coveted fashion brands include Billionaire Boys Club, Black Scale, 5Boro - and more! Each item available on their online store is 100% authentic and brand new. To browse some of these styles and brands, you can visit their Instagram page and website.
Multi Heat and Plumbing Ltd
There are a few services that homeowners simply can’t live without. Functional plumbing and heating solutions are two of them. Wednesday’s Local Business Spotlight focused on the light on Multi Heat & Plumbing, a plumbing and heating company that offers both of these valuable services.
Run by Luke Woolnough, Multi Heat & Plumbing are experts in a diverse range of plumbing, heating, gas and electrical services. To find out more about their offerings in the Nottinghamshire area, visit their website.
Boomerang Office Supplies
Little smells as fresh as a brand new notepad, or feels as satisfying as peeling off the top layer of a sticky pad. Friday’s Local Business Spotlight was all about the light on Boomerang Office Supplies, an online store that is dedicated to providing all of your office supplies needs.
From printer supplies and labels to furniture and coffee, Boomerang Office Supplies has everything that you need for the office in one place. Find out more about their inventory on their website.
If you’re looking for convenient business storage solutions, as these companies have, then Storage King offers the perfect solution. With different size units available to lease with a flexible agreement, you pay for as much space as you need, for as long as you need. Contact us at 0800 0852 954 to find out more.