We are recruiting for a Regional Manager, this role will have overall responsibility and accountability for all the stores within the Midlands Region. The candidate will manage and coach their store teams to a high standard in order to achieve the operational business objectives in terms of sales targets, revenue targets and achieve high customer satisfaction levels. This is achieved through implementing the company strategy and always ensuring they are compliant with the company’s goals and values.
Reporting directly to the UK Operations Manager
The successful candidate should be educated to degree level or have achieved a similar level of education through experience in retail or a service management environment.
They will have proven sales management experience and a proven track record of achieving targets and KPI’s in a multi-site background.
They will be self-motivated with a genuine flair for sales, passionate and a great brand ambassador with a strong coaching management style.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of people management experience within a multi retail environment.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work closely with their peers in an open and honest approach.
The successful candidate should be proficient in MS Office applications.
Must own or lease a car and have a full UK driving License.
People Management, HR & Training
- Support the recruitment of all new staff and lead the company induction program.
- Train and coach store employees to succeed. Support head office to maintain training of staff using a variety of one to one and group sessions.
- Provide guidance and support to others by reviewing performance and development of all staff on a regular basis
- Fully manage between 5-8 stores depending on the store proximity and the business results of the stores in their district.
- Conducts all of the store personnel’s performance reviews against required job competencies; arranges annual formal performance reviews using established tools.
- Designs individual development plans together with the employee to link employee growth goals to the business objective.
Drive Sales, Profitability and Occupancy
- Responsible to drive sales, revenue and profit margins to budget through successful leadership, organisational plans, customer service, and outstanding execution of all field operations strategies, consistently across all stores.
- Know and manage the business by effectively using sales reports, assessing departmental results, and developing specific actions directly related to business development and growth, consistently across all stores.
- Lead and direct the development of store level sales goals and action plans for store teams directly tied into measurable results and timely and consistent execution.
- Identifies and analyses customer enquiry trends, patterns and issues to improve on sales and customer service.
- Identifies specific customer business types and plans required marketing actions on how to attract more in partnership with the Marketing Manager and Operations Manager; develops and implements appropriate local marketing plans.
- Has a good knowledge of each stores customer base by interacting with the customer on the sales floor and observing shopping behaviours and customer experience.
- Is accountable to ensure that trends of under performance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Performs competitive analysis and defines competitive advantages for the Region and store, and reports back to the Operations Manager.
- Is target driven and wants to overachieve
Income & Cost Controls/Property Management
- Accountable for the control of costs through effective implementation of Storage King minimum standards, and always raises the appropriate PO’s.
- Takes accountability for effective financial reporting to head office.
- Takes action for all Repair and Maintenance issues that are reported on a Store level and oversees and resolves them through appropriate channels.
- Accountable for the effective implementation of the H & S procedures.
- Takes accountability for all operational processes; effectively guides planning and staffing rotas at the store level.
- Accountable for the correct execution of all administrative processes and procedures on Store level.
- Ensures that all stores in the region meet operational standards; including personnel, property and office requirements.
- Covers store manning when appropriate due to holidays and sickness
Key Abilities Required
- Drives teams to achieve business results
- Leads by example having a customer orientated focus and sales approach
- Establishes a positive sales culture by inspiring and educating others through in store coaching and training
- Translates the company strategy or a given strategic direction to team
- Acts as a change agent, “selling” and implementing change effectively
- Obtains the best out of all store teams by actively monitoring and evaluating performance and steering where required
- Implements optimal staffing of the team, and ensures continuous development of own team by establishing a growth and development environment
- Effectively influences others and gains collaboration by persuasive two-way communications
- Prioritises own and team’s work, is decisive and takes initiative above and beyond
- Promotes co-operation within own team and between teams, and acts as an example of effective teamwork
- Works for the good of the business.
- Overcomes challenges with effective solutions and ideas
- Leads from the front and by example
Please apply to [email protected] enclosing your CV
Our Recruitment Data Policy can be read in full here